Saturday, October 24, 2015

First

Right now I'm really busy with school, gaining an education, expanding knowledge and all that shit. Alright, but mostly just busy checking the fantasy football waiver wire, ordering pizzas, and cussing out my "number one stone cold sober" university I attend. Most of my weekends has been spent doing homework, reading novels required for class (young adult and adult) and on Sunday... I watch football and Kick ASS. Yesterday I decided to tag along to the great city of Wendover, Nevada. First time there, first time on the black jack table. I could not be stopped. My friend got chips for several 100 dollar bills. I went a bit smaller at 30. As I sipped on a Corona with lime (thanks for the drink buddy) I hit a streak. Won way more than I lost. Hit 21 several times. I gained the help of an older Chinese woman who I now consider my life coach. I really couldn't understand anything she was telling me. She would say say, "Double Down." I sure as hell doubled down because it was working, even though I couldn't understand anything besides that. I turned that 30 into about $130 worth of chips. I SHOULD HAVE WALKED AWAY. I was enjoying myself, winning and drinking watered down whiskey and coke. What could go wrong. Losing. Loser. I'm an idiot. Should have quit while I was ahead. Dealer kept winning, everyone at the table was losing. I ended up quitting with $35 worth of chips. I should feel good that I broke even at least, made five bucks. I don't. I will be back. I will make up for being an idiot. There will be other days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Restaurant Recap: Boston to New Jersey

Some people travel to see art. Some people travel to see architecture. Some people travel to meet new people. Some people travel to sit on w...