Friday, January 8, 2016

Star Wars SUCKED and My Top Five Films of 2015

I didn't have high expectation on Star Wars and still came away disappointed. Haven't been this disappointed since getting friend zoned via snapchat. This post might seem a little late. No way I was going to see Star Wars the day, week, or month it came out. Too many packed theaters, too many nerds. I was going home to pick up some things and decided to catch Star Wars with the folks. Like I said, I wasn't going into it with high expectations, but there were 1, maybe 2 scenes that made it worth it. I won't be seeing the next one in theaters that is for sure.

anyway... there were many good films from 2015. Here are my top five.

1. The Hateful Eight- was able to catch the roadshow on Christmas Eve in California (it didn't hit Utah until later). I loved it. The first hour was kind of slow, but the last two were just as entertaining as anything Tarantino has done.

2. Sicario- Probably should be number one, but I didn't see it on the biggest screen possible. I watched this in my basement, and regretted not seeing it in theaters.

3. Ex Machina- Crazy story, but simple. Loved the scenes. The dance Oscar Isacc did was smooth and had my laughing.

4. Spotlight- Just really well made. I liked the story, and walked out of it thinking more about the story than any other movie maybe besides The Hateful Eight.

5. The Revenant- Saw this Christmas day. This movie kind of dragged, but had some very good scenes. Tom Hardy and Leo are very good as always.

Honorable Mention- Inside Out, Mad Max, The End of the Tour.

Most Disappointing- Entourage, Black Mass, Me and Earl and The Dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Restaurant Recap: Boston to New Jersey

Some people travel to see art. Some people travel to see architecture. Some people travel to meet new people. Some people travel to sit on w...