Monday, April 24, 2017

Blackhawks Swept... Weekend Update

I did not expect the Blackhawks to get swept by the 8 seed Nashville Predators. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because they lost in the first round last year. What's crazy is that they were only competitive for a few minutes in the entire series.

We never even heard the best, most obnoxious goal song in the NHL...


It's crazy that a 1 seed got swept by an 8 seed. Its even crazier that if Rajon Rondo didn't get hurt, the Celtics are probably swept.

1) The Capitals v. Leafs series was awesome. 5 of the 6 games have gone into overtime with one gong to double OT.  I was hoping that the leafs would force a game 7... When I watch hockey I like to see good possessions for each team and a little back and forth... Hockey can get boring if turnover after turnover happens in the neutral zone. The Capitals Leafs and also Sharks Oilers has been really fun to watch. I'm looking forward to Ducks v. Oilers and then Capitals v. Penguins.

2) I didn't think the Jazz were going to hang with the clippers like they have. JJ Redick hasn't gotten anything going in any game. Chris Paul has his way with any Jazz defender and Quin Snyder even tried putting Joe Ingles on him.

When the Jazz shoot 75% from the field and 60% from three in a quarter. and finish the game above 50% shooting and still lose, not much you can do there.

I expected Chris Paul to keep murdering them and wearing Turtle Necks to the funeral. He had a decent stat line in game four but disappeared in the fourth quarter. I think the clippers were trying to ride Jamal Crawford (always risky) instead of going with their best player. I was in house and that cuck Joe Ingles hit two three's right in my kitchen. I hate that guy.

The place got loud. The clippers were in control for all but 3 minutes of that game... then the wheels came off and they found themselves down 6 or 7 with little time left.

I'm thinking about going to game 6... but it looks like tickets are already going to be more expensive.

it is hard for me to get excited when winner will most likely end up getting swept by Golden State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Restaurant Recap: Boston to New Jersey

Some people travel to see art. Some people travel to see architecture. Some people travel to meet new people. Some people travel to sit on w...